Sunday, April 8, 2012

More Spring Break Fun



Last week we did a small unit study of The Little Red Hen (Thank you, Evan Moor!)  So this week we made banana bread.  I re-wrote the recipe so it was big enough and simple enough for her to read and understand with minimum guidance from me.

And then a friend of mine taught the girls how to make French bread.  I'll have to get the recipe from her because it was pretty easy.



This week the girls also helped me make a pinata.  It's supposed to look like the Death Star.  It was a big job so they only helped with the first layer of paper mache.  I mixed up the flour and water paste in one of the kids' spill-proof paint cups and it worked perfectly!  Hardly any mess!  One of them would paint a stripe of glue, and then the other would place the newspaper strip.

Another project we did this week was of course, boiling and dying eggs.  I walked Primus through all the steps of boiling the eggs and then we all dyed them together.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up at Hammock Home School. I love the picture of your little girl with the eggs. She looks so proud.

    ReplyDelete