Friday, June 21, 2013

A lovely summer day in the backyard...

I feel like I've said it a million times, but I love our backyard!  This is our second summer here and I don't regret for an instant picking this house.  We came from an apartment so that fact alone makes me jump for joy at even having a backyard at all.  But this yard is the perfect size for us, not huge but manageable, and is surrounded by shade-providing trees.

This afternoon Primus had a friend over to play. I was also asked at the last minute to babysit my friend's boys who are around Tertius' age. So I rounded up all 6 kids (plus the baby), plenty of towels, Tertius' little potty, a bunch of snacks, baby mush for Quartus, and other random necessities and headed outside.

The big kids jumped right into the big blowup pool and had a grand old time. My friend's kids splashed around with various buckets and cups of water. And Quartus and I relaxed on a blanket in the shade with the hose nearby so I could spray rugrats and keep buckets filled.

We played out there for over 2 hours. It was a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment