Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Quotes on Education

My sister-in-law suggested that I put a quote in vinyl above the doorway into my school room.  What a great idea!  So I've been searching for the perfect quote about education.  Following are my favorites I need to choose from.  (Note: I have not personally verified the source of the first three quotes.)


"Education is the movement from darkness to light."
Allan Bloom 
 
"Learning how to learn is life's most important skill."
Tony Buzan

"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader."
Margaret Fuller


For a disciple of Jesus Christ, academic scholarship is a form of worship. It is actually another dimension of consecration.”
Neal A. Maxwell

Knowledge rises with us in the resurrection, and the limitations on our luggage then will not be limitations of volume but of kind.”
Neal A. Maxwell

Wisdom is the useable distillation of data- not merely its collection and storage.”
Neal A. Maxwell

Seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"Education is a preparation for life -- and... preparing for life is far more than knowing how to make a living or how to land on the moon."
Ezra Taft Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment