Thursday, August 27, 2015

Easy Oven Chili Burritos

Tonight I started doubling this quick recipe before I realized,  "Hubby hates this and I don't remember if the kids like it!"  So I put half in a pan for us and the other half in a disposable foil pan and started praying to know who I should deliver this meal to.  I decided to take it to a neighbor who recently had a new baby. I also took it as an opportunity to invite them to my upcoming Tent Town. They may just throw the dinner in the trash, but it's the thought that counts, right?  :)

This really is an easy meal to throw together from things I keep in my pantry and fridge most days.  And the kids ended up loving it!  Even Quartus inhaled it without hesitation.  Shredded cheese may be his favorite food ever, so I'm sure that helped.


Mix together:
1 can chili with beans
1/2 can diced tomatoes

Divide chili mixture between about 5 flour tortillas.  In each tortilla, also add a handful or two of shredded cheddar cheese (tonight I ran out and had to use some mozzarella, too.)

Roll up tortillas and place them side by side in 9 inch square pan.

In blender, puree the other 1/2 can of tomatoes.  Pour over the top of burritos.  Cover with more shredded cheese.

Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for about a half hour (until cheese is melted and middle is warm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment