Friday, November 25, 2016

Quartus' Drawing

The study of children's drawing development has always fascinated me.  It's so interesting to see them go from mindless scribbles to intentional drawing of people with multiple body parts.  

Since I'm familiar with the typical development steps, it blew me away when both of my boys seemed to skip steps.  This drawing is from Quartus when he was 3 1/2 or less.  Before this day, I hadn't noticed him attempt to draw any people.  And now suddenly he had drawn two characters, with multiple body parts (even if some of those parts were made up of scribbles instead of clear shapes), with multiple and intentional color choices.  

So if I scored this correctly, according to the first link below, Quartus supposedly has a mental age of 6 years.  Cool!



If you're interested in learning more, here are some good links:


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy watching their drawings develop, too. :) I get such a kick out of the arms coming out of the ears stage.

    ReplyDelete