Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I'm still here!

It really annoys me when bloggers blog about blogging.  They'll post interesting stuff for a few weeks, disappear for a month, and then come back to blog about why they haven't been blogging and promise to blog more frequently.  Repeat.

And yet, despite how dumb I think it is, here I am...blogging about blogging.  Being real (hypocritical.)  I just feel like I need to write after such a dry spell and I don't have anything else on my mind.  So here goes...

I haven't posted since February.  Five long months ago.  It's not because we haven't been homeschooling or making cool discoveries.  Like most moms, I've just been super busy.

I maintain a household, with all the chores and responsibilities that entails.  This year I homeschooled 3 students (plus a preschooler), with all the work and driving around to classes that entails.  I host a weekly park group.  I frequently help with a weekly mommy-and-me music class.  I'm in charge of a 2-hour Nursery (Sunday School for babies 18 months to 3 years) every Sunday.  I facilitate a weekly support group for those that have loved ones in addiction.  I own my own home business.  Many weekends are filled with hosting family and friends for dinner and games.  And I maintain a homeschooling blog.

Schedules fill up and there aren't enough hours in the day.  Priorities have to be set and some things get neglected.  That's life.

Lately at the end of a long day, I've tended to curl up with the computer and vege out watching Netflix.  It's not a very productive use of my time, especially since there's always more dishes or laundry to do.  But sometimes you just don't feel like it, ya know?  Sometimes I just want mindless entertainment in place of busy-ness.

 And I definitely haven't felt like blogging!  But I want to get back in the saddle. I've never considered myself a "writer" but I do like to share our adventures and joys and struggles with the world.

So hopefully I'll get motivated and get a few more good posts up before the start of the new school year.  If there is anything specific you would like me to blog about, or a question you'd like me to answer, please don't hesitate to let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment