Friday, January 12, 2018

Voltron Party

Primus is obsessed with Voltron, Legendary Defenders on Netflix.  This summer when season 3 came out, my friend hosted a Voltron marathon for her daughter, my girls, and a few of their friends.  I made some snacks!

These pictures are not the greatest, but I am glad I at least took them because I almost forgot about it! Also, it should be noted that I know nothing about Voltron.  I don't remember watching it as a kid, I haven't watched the new version, and every bit of knowledge that follows was gathered from the internet and the ramblings of my 11 year old.


This is supposed to be a lion.  I wanted to use all the Voltron colors.  The blue in the middle is Ranch dip with food coloring.  The black face is just black icing gel.  I don't think any of the girls ate any of this. :)


These are peanut butter cookies in honor of Pidge.  They're made with creamy peanut butter because Pidge once said that she loved peanut butter but didn't like peanuts.


I made garlic knots because Lance says he had fond memories of garlic knots from back home.  These are just canned Pillsbury pizza dough cut into strips, tied into knots, brushed with garlic butter, and baked.


Food Goo was apparently an absolute must.  It was easy to make with green food coloring in mashed potatoes.


Finally, black and white swiss rolls were perfect to honor Shiro.  This "Fiction-Food Cafe" blog has a good explanation of the black/white symbolism of Shiro.  It's so deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment