Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A Prayer Request

I've been struggling for about a year.  If you know me in real life you may have noticed that I've been more withdrawn and almost completely absent from social media.  You should know that these are bad signs for extroverted me. I need help.  My family needs help.  Please pray for us.

For almost a year I have been pretty depressed (I've had ups and downs, but lots of downs) and feel like I've just barely been surviving.  For example, this school year it's been hard (and almost impossible some days) to just get out of bed to start school before 10am.  I've started seeing a professional counselor.  Please pray that I'll have strength.

My depression is rooted in stress and exhaustion over our abysmal financial situation.  Hubby needs more employment.  Please pray that he'll be able to find the jobs that will be best for our family.  Please pray that he'll have mental clarity so he won't be overwhelmed and discouraged by the process.

I love Hubby.  He's my best friend.  But right now we're not doing so great.  We've disappointed each other.  We've gone through (and came out together stronger on the other side) some hard trials in the past.  We can get through this one, but not without the help of our Father in Heaven. Please pray for us.

I'm grateful for the blessings that we've received over these many years and am grateful for the wonderful people that have tried to buoy us up.  If you want to help us now, please don't put money anonymously in our mailbox or drop off new appliances on our doorstep. Such gifts only make me feel worse because I am so freakin' sick and tired of being a charity case, and we need more long-term solutions that will give us dignity.

If you want to help, then instead please give Hubby encouragement in his job searching.  Offer to proof-read his resume or cover letters.  Send job leads his way.  If you live near us, contact him if your middle/high school student needs tutoring in Social Studies or if you're interested in learning how to do ballroom/Latin dance.  You could also support my small side business or send your friends my way if they're looking for a piano teacher.  If you belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, please put our names on your temple's prayer roll.  Fast for us.

But above all, just remember us in your prayers.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment