Sunday, September 1, 2013

A woman is like a chocolate chip cookie...

As I baked a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday, I lamented to my husband that while I like the taste, my cookies are always flat and not the prettiest.  I told him that I was thinking about trying out a new recipe. (I've been using a recipe from my mom's really old Betty Crocker cookbook.)

In response, he discouraged me from searching for a new recipe and declared that he didn't just like the way my cookies taste, he LOVES them.  Then in case I was wondering about his sincerity, he proceeded to eat about a dozen of them.

Yep, he's a keeper.  :)


That got me thinking...sometimes I'm like those cookies.  They don't meet conventional standards of what makes a beautiful cookie.  You won't see them on Pinterest, or in a bakery, or in the pages of a cooking magazine.  But at least one man loves them.

It's easy to feel down about myself because I don't meet conventional standards of what makes a beautiful or "perfect" woman.  I could bore you with a list of the things I am not good at and celebrities I don't look like.

But none of that matters.  I am a daughter of God.  He created me exactly the way He meant to, with unique talents and physical appearance. I am beautiful because He made me and He loves me.

I am so thankful for that knowledge and for my wonderful husband who helps me remember what's really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment