Sunday, September 1, 2013

A woman is like a chocolate chip cookie...

As I baked a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday, I lamented to my husband that while I like the taste, my cookies are always flat and not the prettiest.  I told him that I was thinking about trying out a new recipe. (I've been using a recipe from my mom's really old Betty Crocker cookbook.)

In response, he discouraged me from searching for a new recipe and declared that he didn't just like the way my cookies taste, he LOVES them.  Then in case I was wondering about his sincerity, he proceeded to eat about a dozen of them. 

Yep, he's a keeper.  :)


That got me thinking...sometimes I'm like those cookies.  They don't meet conventional standards of what makes a beautiful cookie.  You won't see them on Pinterest, or in a bakery, or in the pages of a cooking magazine.  But at least one man loves them. 

It's easy to feel down about myself because I don't meet conventional standards of what makes a beautiful or "perfect" woman.  I could bore you with a list of the things I am not good at and celebrities I don't look like. 

But none of that matters.  I am a daughter of God.  He created me exactly the way He meant to, with unique talents and physical appearance. I am beautiful because He made me and He loves me. 

I am so thankful for that knowledge and for my wonderful husband who helps me remember what's really important.

P.S. This reminds me of another post I've been meaning to make.  So stay tuned to find out what my feelings are about cosmetics!

No comments:

Post a Comment