Monday, August 27, 2018

First Day of Theater Class

The kids do a theater class one semester per year. It's such a fun enrichment class for them! And it gives them about 3 hours with other kids, learning from a teacher other than mommy. 

For two years, the girls got to attend while the boys and I hung out at the park and library (class is a couple towns away so it doesn't make sense to drop them off and then come home, just to turn around and drive all the way back). 

Then Tertius was old enough so it was just me and Quartus for a couple of years. Now Quartus is a five-year-old big kid and he's enrolled for the first time.  And now I'm on my own and I don't quite know what to do with myself!


I think my feelings of excitement and sadness when saying goodbye to my kiddos on the first day of theater class is pretty close to how other parents feel when dropping off their kids on the first day of school.


And those feelings were intensified since my "baby" was going to his first day of essentially Kindergarten. I'm so proud of him and all the things he's learning and the fun kid he's turning into, but it's also hard to see him grow up and get more independent, like the others.


Tertius was super cute when it was time for the kids to line up and walk from the cubby/gathering room into the rehearsal room! Quartus is nervous in new situations but Tertius made sure that his brother felt safe. He grabbed his hand and got in the back of the line with him so they could walk in together.

They're going to have a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment