Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Adding More Structure to Our School

Just thinking out loud here...

I tend to be a pretty "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of person.  That means the kids often don't know what the plan for the day for school is until the very moment I finally decide it.  They will often ask me if they can do "such-and-such" after our current task.  They hear a lot of "maybe" in response.  I sometimes think I need to introduce a little more structure and predictability to our day.

I think I'm going to start having Primus do a page of handwriting practice on Monday/Wednesday and a journal prompt on Tuesday/Thursday.  Maybe Fridays we will do art projects.  And I should put on some classical music (or Piano Guys) for times when I want them to be doing quiet independent work.

No comments:

Post a Comment