Sunday, November 20, 2011

Super Easy and Yummy Cookies

My friend Cindy shared this recipe with me.  They are sooo yummy and soooo easy and quick to make.  And I like to assume that they are healthy.  My children may-or-may-not have had at least 2 of them each for breakfast.

1 (30oz) can of pumpkin
2 boxes of spice cake mix
1 bag chocolate chips

Mix it all together.  (Do not add anything to the cake mix.  Seriously, just dump the powder in the bowl with the pumpkin and chocolate.)  Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

To appease picky spouses or children, these don't even taste like pumpkin.  And they don't taste "healthy."  They're just really yummy, super soft chocolate-chip cookies!  I used my medium-sized Pampered Chef cookie scoop and it made 5 dozen cookies.  That's a lot of cookies but they went fast!  After we inhaled about half in a day or two, I had to throw the rest in the freezer so I would have some to share with my sister-in-law and family.

And since this recipe is so simple, it is perfect for getting children to help.  My little ones can totally handle dumping 3 ingredients into a bowl and then stirring.

1 comment:

  1. I did similar yesterday minus the chocolate chips, but made it into a cake. so yummy couldn't stop eating it.

    ReplyDelete