Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers' Day Crafts

Here's what me and the girls made for the Grandmas for Mothers' Day:

1. First, a basket to hold everything. 
Cut one paper plate in half and staple it to a second plate.  Cut a half-circle out of the second plate for the basket handle.

2. Our favorite easy treat gift:  Chocolate Dipped Pretzels.  

We like to use these yummy big pretzels from Sam's Club and dip them in Almond Bark.

3. Flowers cut from construction paper and glued on green-painted popsicle sticks.


 4. Thumbprint Art-ala Ed Emberley.  We did them on 4X6 index cards with the thought that Grandma would use them as postcards. 

5. Acrostic poems using each of the Grandmas' names.  (Sorry, no picture.  Just trust me that they were really cute.)

Finally, this is what the kids made for me in Primary today and I love it!  It's just a paper clip tied onto a ribbon with a bead for a head and another bead (it kind of looks like a gear) for a halo.  It's an angel!  How cute is that?  Attached to the necklace is this quote from Abraham Lincoln: "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment