Thursday, March 6, 2014

What Does It Mean To Be Beautiful? By Primus

Today a friend posted this to fb and I loved it!  So I had my girls watch it with me.  I think most of it went over their heads, but it was still probably good for them to hear.

Afterwards I had Primus do a writing assignment to answer the question, "What does it mean to be beautiful?"  To get her thinking along the lines I was looking for, I also asked her, "Are you beautiful?  Why?  What makes you beautiful?  If you had a pig-like nose or bigger ears would you still be beautiful?" 

The following is what Primus came up with.  (I especially found the line about makeup interesting because she loves to pretend to put on makeup.  Those makeup brushes just feel so good on your skin!  Plus, we talk about how it is necessary in theatre and such.) 

Secundus was very interested in our conversation as well and very passionately told Primus and me that we're beautiful because Jesus made us that way and He made everyone different, just like he wants them to be!

 I am so proud of both of them!  Apparently all the times we've talked about it are paying off, at least for now.  I hope they don''t forget all this once they become teenagers!



"I'm beautiful because I'm me.  It doesn't matter who you look like.  It doesn't [matter] what clothes you wear. You don't need makeup or anything to make your face beautiful because your you."

No comments:

Post a Comment