Sunday, March 2, 2014

Banana Peanut Butter Cups

 We've been on a homemade peanut butter cup kick lately at our house.  One day this week I even wrote up the directions and instructed Primus to make them all on her own while I ran an errand.  Definitely counted that as part of her school work for the day.  (For one thing, she learned that when you microwave chocolate too much, it changes consistency and gets totally ruined.  Oops!)


Banana Peanut Butter Cups:

1. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.

2. Coat the bottom and sides with a small amount of melted chocolate.  (I use almond bark.)  Don't use too much because you will want the chocolate to be a very thin layer.


 3. Once that is completely hardened, add some peanut butter and a slice of banana.  I really like Jif Whips for this.

4. Top with more melted chocolate.  One package of almond bark was just barely enough to make 24 peanut butter cups.

5. Wait for it to harden and enjoy! 


Not the prettiest dessert, but delicious.  And I like to believe that it's pretty healthy, too.  I mean, bananas and peanut butter are good for you, right?  Sounds like breakfast to me!  :)  Just be sure to have a big glass of milk nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment