Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bacon-Topped Meatloaf

Tonight I had a dear friend over for dinner and at the request of Hubby, I made meatloaf.  He really likes this meatloaf.  So do I.  It's really yummy even if we don't happen to have bacon to put on top. 

My friend requested the recipe so here it is!  I got it years ago from some blog or recipe site.  If anyone knows where the original likely came from, let me know and I'll gladly give credit where credit is due.  

Bacon-Topped Meatloaf

preheat oven to 350

heat in large skillet on medium-high heat:
  • 1 Tbsp oil
  • add yellow onion (1 small, diced)
  • saute 3-5 min until lightly browned

combine in large bowl:
  • onions (the ones cooked above or just a few shakes of dried minced onions)
  • 2 lb ground beef
  • ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbsp mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp ketchup

put on large greased baking sheet, formed in oval mound

brush 4 Tbsp ketchup on top
lay bacon strips on top

bake 50-60 min (internal temp 160-165)

No comments:

Post a Comment