Friday, December 29, 2017

Gingerbread Nativity

This Christmas season, every time I was at Walmart I would look at all the gingerbread house options.  Frozen, Paw Patrol, Mario, Minions, classic, village with 4 small houses instead of one big one, etc.  I just couldn't decide which one I wanted to get for the kids to make.

Then the week before Christmas I saw that they had this one, a Gingerbread Nativity.  I snatched it up right away.  Perfect!


It depicts the Wise Men visiting the Christ child at the stable, which didn't really happen. (They visited the family after they had returned home, and Jesus could have been as old as 1 year.) It's a pet peeve of mine.  Still, though, I really liked finding another way to center the Christmas season on the birth of our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment