Tuesday, December 5, 2017

I Cannot Wait for New Years Eve!

November and December are crazy busy months for me. Aside from the normal way that the holiday season fills up calendars and to-do lists, it's also the busiest time of year for my small home-based business. Every weeknight I stay up past midnight to fill orders and prep for craft fairs. I'm utterly exhausted and stressed out!

During this time of year, when I'm tearing my hair out with stress and kicking myself with the guilt of not spending enough calm, quality time with the kids, I look forward wistfully to December 31st.

On Dec 31st, Thanksgiving and Christmas are over. All the big family meals are done, dishes cleaned, and leftovers eaten. The presents have been bought, wrapped, unwrapped, and put away. The Christmas tree has been put up and decorated (and if we're lucky, also taken down and packed away again. I have no more craft fairs until the spring. The family, friend, and church parties are over and the calendar is suddenly so much emptier.

December 31st, New Year's Eve, means that I can finally relax and take a deep breath.

Every year we spend New Year's Eve with my brother's family. The kids run around inside and out the house with cousins, we eat junk food until we pop, and play plenty of games. And above all, we hang out and make memories.

 It's a very low pressure holiday.  Exactly the kind of holiday I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment