Thursday, March 29, 2018

One reason it's hard for me to make new friends...

I recently made an interesting discovery about myself: I feel uneasy around quiet women.

I thought I was just uncomfortable with quiet *people* and that it had something to do with my extrovertedness. I think it's also because I don't know what's going on in their head and that worries me. (Interesting note: it's also one reason I don't like animals.) It's hard for me to "click" with them, relate to them, and converse with them.

But then as I was talking with Hubby about it, I was listing some examples and we realized that everyone I listed was a woman. I can think of several quiet, reserved men who I'm perfectly fine socializing with, not the least of which being my husband!

Apparently I just don't like quiet women. It's probably because of my own insecurities! If I don't know what's going on in your head, that means I don't know what you think of me. I don't know if you like me. I need to know if you like me. I need to know if this friendship is going places. I need to know if I'm insufferably annoying and should just go hide under a rock.

I want to know if other women like me, but it's not important to me if other men enjoy my company. I already snagged a guy (introverted and contemplative though he is) who has convinced me that he loves me and wants to spend eternity with me; I don't need any other man.

So there you have it; a little revelation of the inner workings of Shirley's twisted, self conscious mind. Anyone else feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment