Saturday, September 3, 2011

Effie Yeaw Field Trip

Friday morning I took the kids on a field trip to Effie Yeaw Nature Center. I love that place.
The girls went armed with their maps and we followed the trail that Primus and I had decided on before and highlighted. We picked a more rustic trail that we have never taken before. I'm thankful that Hubby's parents had kept the backpack carrier that they used when he was a baby. So I had Tertius in that for the first half of our hike. Man, he is heavy!

The hike was pretty uneventful. We did see one deer. Occasionally the girls indicated that they were scared. I pretended that I wasn't. The trail was really narrow in some places, we were surrounded by tall grass/bushes, we kept hearing rustling, and there were a ton of gopher/snake holes all along the path. But we survived.

Our destination was a Nature Study Pond that I guess is being restored. We stopped there, ate a snack, and then headed back by way of another trail. On the way back, I let Tertius walk. He was in heaven. He thinks he is such a big kid! For much of the time, he was walking faster than the rest of us. At one point he had gotten quite far ahead. Then he turned around and started gesturing and yelling at his sisters. He was obviously telling them, "Come on, girls!"

Here's a picture taken outside the Nature Center when we arrived at the end of our hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment