Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Day in the Life: Wednesday

We've been "in school" now for about 2 months.  We've definitely gotten into our groove.  And while we don't follow a strict schedule, and not every day is the same, I wanted to share what a "typical" day is like for us.

Wednesday, Oct 11th
6:45- My alarm goes off and I roll out of bed.

7:30- Wow, Primus is still asleep!  Here I sit, wasting time on facebook and reading news articles.  If I had known she was going to sleep in so long, I would have used this time to take a shower!  (Who am I kidding?  I still would have been lazy on the computer.)

8:00- Primus is finally awake.  Time for prayer, singing/memorizing an Article of Faith, calendar, journal, weather wheel, and practice counting by 5's using our number line.  (I love stealing great ideas from public schools.  Every school day we add another number to our number line that is circling the classroom up near the ceiling.  The days/numbers for August were written on sun shapes.  September was apple shaped, and now October is pumpkin shaped.  When we get to 100 days of school, we will have a party!) 

8:10- Tertius and Secundus wake up.  While Primus is "at school" in the office, Secundus and Tertius are splitting their time between participating with us and watching a video in the living room.

8:20- The kids get dressed and eat breakfast. They eat while I grab a couple bites and then do a load of dishes.

9:00- While I shower, Primus does handwriting practice at the kitchen table and the other kids destroy the living room.  Then it's time to brush hair and teeth and play a little with Barbies.

9:50- Shoes on, leave for Cherubs.

10:05- We arrive at Cherubs.  Cherubs is a free mommy-and-me music class that my friend Emily and I put on at the church building.  I'm so sorry I'm late, again, Emily!  (I'm usually a little late and she has to do most of the set-up herself.)

11:00- Cherubs is over so we help clean up while chatting with some of the other moms and let the kids run around.  (Today we went to a friend's house directly after cherubs to eat lunch and play.  But that never happens.  So for the sake of this post, I am going to write about what we usually do on Wednesday afternoons...)

11:15- Drive to Secundus' preschool and play on the playground until class starts at noon.

12:00- I sign Secundus in while Primus continues to play on the swings and then we drive home.

12:15- Lunch at home with Primus and Tertius.

12:45- Tertius gets put down for a nap.  Then Primus and I get done as much school work as we can or have the desire to do.  That usually means a lesson of Distar (our reading curriculum), a page or 2 of math, and maybe a little social studies or science.  We may do this in the office (classroom), at the kitchen table, on the couch, or in my bed.

3:10- We leave to pick up Secundus.  Primus plays on the swings while I sign her sister out.

3:45- We're home.  The rest of the day is a blur of playing, cleaning, errands, dinner, DVD's, computer games (Reading Eggs and Nick Jr.), etc. 

7:50- The girls get ready for bed.  Bedtime stories are followed by family scripture study and prayer.

10:00- I rock Tertius to sleep and go to bed myself.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment