Thursday, January 5, 2012

Eat Your Veges

Bad Mommy Confession:  We often have fights about food in our house. 

I don't want to get into the details here.  But suffice it to say that my kids are doing a lot better for the last several months.  They actually eat vegetables now...and without a fight!  They like a large variety of fresh, frozen, and canned veges, too!  I never thought we would get to this point.

A few days ago I babysat my friend's boy in the evening.  While he was here I decided to try a new recipe for dinner.  I took all the kids with me to the grocery store to get the ingredients.  (Our grocery store has one of those carts with a car attached to it that seated the 2 little kids and then the 2 big kids hung onto the cart at various points.)

Each child was given a shopping list to help keep us all focused.  (All the lists were identical.)  And they were also told to think of 1 vegetable that they would like to buy and eat. 

It was very interesting to me what they chose: 
Friend chose squash.  (He said he liked yellow squash but didn't know what variety it was and didn't see anything that looked familiar so we got spaghetti squash.  Not a hit.)
Primus chose Larry the cucumber and Secundus chose Bob the tomato.  Thank you, VegeTales.

No comments:

Post a Comment