Monday, January 30, 2012

100 Day Party

We have been homeschooling for 100 days.  Can you believe it?  100 days!  We celebrated with some of our friends. 

The weather here is just ridiculous.  Apparently someone forgot to tell the weather that it's winter, because we haven't had any wet or really cold days.  But, of course, the day we plan to have our party at the park, it finally rains!  We were able to play at the church building instead and it worked out well. 

To prepare for the party, we selected some snacks to share.  Our menu was: Oreos, Veggie Straws, raisins, Goldfish, and cheese balls.  I had Primus count out 100 of each and make labels for the bowls they went in. 

She used a different method to count each snack:  counting by one's, two's, five's, and ten's.  When it was time to count the cheese balls by 5's, she grouped them into the cups of a muffin pan because those darn balls roll around too much to stay in nice piles. 

We also made brownies and piped "100" on them with white chocolate candy melts.

Here is what Primus had to say about her party:

We celebrated our 100 day party and we saw Grandpa and Uncle and Cherub friends and playgroup friends.  And I loved my brownies that I made with Mom.  And the snacks that we brought.  And not the snacks that Sophia brought.  Because her M&M's were too spicy for me.  I loved playing games with Michelle, Uncle, and Grandpa and riding on Grandpa's shoulders.  I liked ball with Michelle, Uncle, and Grandpa.  I liked helping Mom putting things in the correct bowls.  And I loved when Michelle, Grandpa and Uncle pulled me on Tyler's dump truck.  I loved taking pictures with my Mom's camera before everyone left.  And when my 100 day party was over, me, Mom, Tertius, and Secundus went to McDonald's with Grandpa and Uncle so we could all have lunch and play.  And then we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment