Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Homeschool with Homework?

This week I've been tending my friend's second grader everyday after school.  I cannot overstate how much I loathe school pick-up time. 

Anyway, it's been an interesting experience to have homework time everyday after school.  It's actually been nice in one way because I have been able to get Primus to sit down to do extra work at the same time as Friend did his homework.  We recently took a couple days off so I've been sneaking in extra work here and there to make up for those missed days.

In this picture, she is practicing spelling with word families.  Those big yellow dice in front of her have a bunch of different word families on them.  She would roll a dice and then have to think of and write down a word that belongs in that family.



On this day, even Tertius and Secundus did some "homework."  This was a rare moment that they were able to play with the same thing, at the same time, and not fight about it.  Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment