Here's an easy recipe for homemade "pop-tarts." Though, I admit that name is misleading considering the crust is nowhere near as sturdy as the ones you buy at the store and stick in your toaster. I got the recipe from this cookbook: (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Cookbook-Darth-Galactic-Recipes/dp/0811828034)
They called them "Booma Breakfast Tarts." Naturally, they shaped and decorated them like the energy shields that the Gungans used in Episode 1.
They were yummy and easy when I made them the first time, so the next time I had Primus help. And this time I just had her pick a cookie cutter.
1. Thaw 1 frozen pie-crust shell.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and beat it with a fork until well mixed.
4. Sprinkle 1 Tbs sugar on the work surface.
5. Turn the pie-crust shell over onto the sugared work surface. Carefully press the crust down, being careful not to tear it.
6. Sprinkle 1 Tbs sugar on top of the crust. With a rolling pin, gently roll over the crust to press the sugar in-try not to roll the crust any thinner.
7. Using your cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as you can fit. You need an even number of identical shapes.
8. Transfer half to a parchment-lined baking sheet. With a pastry brush, brush egg mixture around the edges of each oval, covering only about 1/4 inch of the edge with egg.
9. Place 1 tsp of jam on each shape and spread it out to where the egg wash begins.
10. Place the other half of the shapes on top of the first ones. With your finger, gently press the edges of the tart together to seal them.
11. Brush the top of each tart with the remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with 1 Tbs sugar.
12. Bake for about 15 minutes.