Monday, July 30, 2012

Choosing Curriculum

One of the hardest parts of homeschooling is choosing curriculum!

 Doing the actual teaching is fun. But I can't help but second guess myself as I try to decide our science topics for next fall. Gotta balance what would be fun and interesting with making sure we hit all the state standards (and also thinking ahead to future grades).

 One hard part is that we already covered all the standards for 1st grade (with a few exceptions) last year. So I don't want to just do all review cause that would be boring. I've heard of families doing a 3 or 4 year rotation with their topics, meaning since we learned about animals in K, we wouldn't come back to it again until 3rd of 4th. I really like that idea. But can't completely commit myself to that because I still have to fulfill the standards set by the state. Arrgh!
 
It is fun to shop with other people's money, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment