Saturday, November 2, 2013

Scatterbrained or Genius?

Yesterday everyone woke up late.  Then even when we were awake, we were still lazy and tired (staying up late after a full night of trick-or-treating with cousins will do that to you!) so we didn't stick to our normal Friday morning school routine. 

After breakfast we lounged around and watched a couple educational DVD's we got from the library.  Then we left for all day theatre class.  As I was frantically trying to get everyone packed up to go, I realized that Primus should at least do a spelling test.  So I grabbed a clipboard, her spelling list, a blank paper, and a pencil and away we went. 

Once we got on the freeway, I handed the list to Secundus and had her call out the words for her sister.  She had to sound out the word, give a sentence with the word, and then say the word again (that's the way I give spelling tests.)

Secundus was so excited because she loves to be in charge and she was proud of herself for being able to read third grade spelling words.  She stopped half way through and said, "Mommy, I'm being the teacher!  Maybe I could be a teacher when I grow up!"

I thought I was just being scatterbrained (for not doing the test myself earlier) but turns out I was executing a genius plan!  Not only did Primus get her spelling test done, but Secundus had a valuable reading and comprehension lesson.  Also, I was able to bring her joy for indulging her "I want to be the boss" tendencies and maybe even helped her to discover her calling in life!  :) 

The morning started with laziness but ended with Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment