Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sheltered and Happy

We don't have cable or satellite.  If the kids want to watch TV, then they go online (pbskids.org or nickjr.com) or they watch a DVD from the library. Add that to the fact that we homeschool, and yep, my kids are pretty sheltered.  And I'm ok with that.

They don't really understand what commercials are, expect for the DVD previews.  So thankfully they don't beg for rainbow looms or Furbies or whatever the heck is "hot" this holiday season because they either haven't heard of it or at least haven't been told repeatedly that they should want it.

Primus is almost 8 and still likes to watch things like Sid the Science Kid, Wild Kratts, and Daniel Tiger's neighborhood.  I know she will grow up and feel too old for these shows eventually, but right now I don't think she needs to be watching things that talk about kissing and having a boyfriend and such.  She has no idea that pre-teen shows like those on the Disney Channel even exist!  And it just goes without saying that she has no idea who Miley Cyrus or Kim Kardashian are.

The kids won't be young and ignorant forever, and I wouldn't want them to be, but I am definitely enjoying it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment