This turned out to be such a hit that the kids named this new recipe, "Chicken-tastic." It's just a chicken salad sandwich, but I think their name is going to stick for us. Tertius inhaled two of these sandwiches in a matter of minutes!
When I try something new like this, especially since it contains a vegetable they haven't been fans of in the past, I get them to help me make it. They are much more likely to taste a meal (with minimal complaint) if they had a hand in preparing it.
What the Kids Can Do
1. add the mayo to the chicken
2. add the grapes (they used a ton!)
3. add the celery (they added a lot more than I thought they would!)
4. add salt and pepper (they didn't put very much so I don't know if it even made a difference, but it is fun to use the pepper grinder)
7. fill their own pita pockets
1. thaw the chicken
2. quarter the grapes
3. dice the celery
Chicken-tastic (Chicken Salad Sandwich)
- precooked and shredded chicken
- grapes (quartered)
- celery (diced)
- salt and pepper
Stuff inside a whole wheat pita and enjoy!