Friday, August 11, 2017

Baby's Day Out

We like to have Family Movie Nights together sometimes during dinner. The kids eat picnic-style on the living room floor. Recently we watched Baby's Day Out.

I watched this movie so many times as a kid! Unlike some movies I remember loving as a kid and then find out as an adult that they're terrible, this one is still a good movie today. But I had mixed feelings the whole time.

 It was hilarious. (Perhaps my favorite part was when Norby tries to sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb.")

But I'm generally not a fan of physical comedy so it got tiring. (Hubby made the observation that the three kidnapping idiots are pretty solidly based on the Three Stooges. Norby is Curly, Eddie is Moe, and Veeko is Larry.)

 I also have problems when movies are so ridiculous and improbable. And the scene where the baby crawls across traffic gave me anxiety!

But the baby was SOOOOO cute! Makes me wish I had another baby so bad!

The kids loved it. I have a feeling it's going to be re-watched a million more times before the end of summer. I think next time we're going to watch Homeward Bound.

What movies from your childhood do you like to share with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment