Friday, August 18, 2017

Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy! Mom!

You know what might be worse than hearing "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy! Mom!" 10 million times a day? Hearing "Aunt Shirley! Aunt Shirley" all day. 😂




As I said before, we had two cousins from out of state live with us for three weeks.  On one of their last days, my sister-in-law (the one who lives in the same state as us) and I took her 4 kids, my 4 kids, and these 2 extra cousins on a fun field trip.  We let the kids choose which van they wanted to ride in and I ended up with my two 10 year old nephews with me. 

It was an hour drive each way.  Both of these boys love to talk and they had so many interesting things to tell me. And apparently they have to start every sentence with, "Aunt Shirley!"   By the end of that trip, I hated my own name. 

I LOVE all my nieces and nephews to death!  But I would be ok with not hearing "Aunt Shirley!" for a while.  I guess it's time to change my name.  Or next field trip I might insist that we listen to music or an audio book in silence. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment