Friday, September 15, 2017

A Peek at My 2017 Homeschool Planner

I do love doing some of our school planning and record keeping digitally.  But nothing will ever replace a physical plan book that I can hold in my hand, flip through, and make handwritten notes.

This year I bought myself a nice spiral notebook and added a few tabs with masking tape for quick reference.


The first thing I see when I open it up is our weekly routine.  I also have a copy of this hanging on the wall for the kids to be able to reference.  


The next page has a copy of the school calendar that our charter requires us to follow, along with a list of all the holidays we are supposed to take.  As I've said before, I like to do schoolwork as normal on most of our scheduled holidays so then we can take a day off whenever we need to, guilt free.  I keep track of those changes here.

The two pages after that is where I have all the curriculum we're going to use for the year.


Next is all my planning for our history curriculum, Story of the World.


After that, I have a few pages that list every non-fiction children's book we own.  Typing all this up was a new project I did this summer. When Hubby saw me stapling this and the following in my plan book, he remarked that organizing is obviously my hobby.


After the non-fiction books, I have cataloged all of the chapter books we own.  This has been helpful to make sure I don't accidentally acquire a double of a book we already have.  I have them all organized according to reading level (as determined by Scholastic's Book Wizard.)


Also included is a page where I can keep track of the testing the kids will do.  The packets I use for oral reading tests are clipped to the back cover.

























Next is an inventory of all the literature guides we own.  This was useful at the beginning of the summer when I was deciding on which curriculum to use.  I also expect to be able to us this same notebook next school year and so it will be nice to have this at hand again.



One thing I really like about this notebook is that it has this movable and two-sided pocket to hold any loose items.


Finally, there are plenty of blank lined pages where I can record our learning and accomplishments on a weekly basis.


So there you have it! What does your homeschool planning and record keeping look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment