Friday, September 8, 2017

Snack Cupboard Update

A long time ago I shared what our snack organization looked like.  I recently reorganized.

Before, we had cardboard boxes in this cubby space to hold snacks. Boxes rip and so a more durable solution was needed. It's a weird size hole and I couldn't find anything that would fit and work the way I wanted.


But then I realized that these drawers that were being used for storage in the school room would work really well! Sadly, it appears the company does not make this precise size anymore so I had to shuffle things around so I could use them here.


I still use a hodge podge of random little containers to hold individual portions of snacks. When the kids empty a container, they just throw it back in the drawer.


When the drawers are getting full of empty containers, then I take them out and restock. It's hard to see because the picture is so dark below, but there is plenty of storage space behind the drawers.

This is where I can store pre-filled containers and boxes of granola bars that aren't needed yet. This is my favorite part because if the kids run out of snacks in the drawers and I don't have time to refill them, then it's no big deal because I have a bunch already ready and waiting.

How do you do snack time?

No comments:

Post a Comment