Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Great Purge

In our house, I am the one who normally handles all organization and other things that generally keep the household running smoothly.   And while it feels good to get rid of stuff and the minimalist lifestyle sounds a little appealing, I tend to be a hoarder. It's often really hard for me to let things go if they're still useful and if I think I may need it one day.

Our kitchen is really small with not enough cupboard space. The kids' plastic dishware was out of control. Hubby finally put his foot down and insisted that we needed to get rid of most of it.  He was not blind to the overcrowded cupboard of cups, overflowing box of plates and bowls, or counter piled high with dirty dishes.


When we were blessed with a kid-free couple of days, he washed everything and then we sat down and made some hard decisions. The above box is everything we got rid of.


 And this box is everything we kept. The kids weren't too pleased that some of the stuff disappeared. But I think we'll all live.

No comments:

Post a Comment