Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Gifts for Grandparents

Some people have a talent for gift-giving.  Not me. I'm not sure what the grandparents would really like and don't want to get just some random junk.  I also don't have the time to hand make something meaningful or the money to buy something great.

So what to do?  Here's what the grandparents got this year. It's very similar to what we gave them the last couple years.

The Legend of the Candy Cane
We read a storybook about it and Secundus loved the symbolism of the candy cane and wanted to share it.  So we found a poem and put together these little things.  We made a bunch of them and gave them to friends, neighbors, and grandparents.

Reindeer Ornaments
The kids and I make new ornaments every year.  They make one for our tree and one for each of the grandparents. 

Chocolate-dipped pretzels
This is my business.  Of course I would include some of these!

Lumps of Coal
These are really yummy.  They're basically rice crispy treats made with Oreo crumbs instead of cereal and then formed into balls.

Finally, lots of Hugs and Kisses from the grandkids!

It all gets packed into one of these barrels wrapped with wrapping paper. These are the barrels that my pretzels come in.  They're so useful for so many things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment