Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Learning Scissor Skills

This little dude amazes me!  He's always been an observer.  He will quietly watch and absorb everything and then surprise us with what he is capable of.  Well, here he did it again.

He will be 4 at the beginning of the New Year.  Up to this point, I have not given him much opportunity to practice using scissors.  Every time that I have let him cut out something, I needed to  very actively help him cut in the right way.  

Yesterday I was doing an art project with the boys and I was having him draw a shape, then I would cut it out, and he would glue it on.  When his project was done and we hadn't cleaned up yet, he declared that he wanted to do some cutting.  So I gave him some construction paper scraps and let him have fun.

He tried both right and left hands and proudly announced what a good job he was doing, but I didn't think much of it because he was just doing haphazard confetti.

But then today he insisted that he was going to cut out his star for today's project all by himself.  And he did it!  I didn't have to help one single bit!  He did a great job of staying right on the line!  I'm super impressed!





Where did this kid come from?  What other surprises does he have in store?

No comments:

Post a Comment