Last week we did a small unit study of The Little Red Hen (Thank you, Evan Moor!) So this week we made banana bread. I re-wrote the recipe so it was big enough and simple enough for her to read and understand with minimum guidance from me.
This week the girls also helped me make a pinata. It's supposed to look like the Death Star. It was a big job so they only helped with the first layer of paper mache. I mixed up the flour and water paste in one of the kids' spill-proof paint cups and it worked perfectly! Hardly any mess! One of them would paint a stripe of glue, and then the other would place the newspaper strip.
Another project we did this week was of course, boiling and dying eggs. I walked Primus through all the steps of boiling the eggs and then we all dyed them together.