Monday, October 22, 2018

Holy Poop


This lovely image is brought to you by Secundus.  We don't swear in our house, though I do say things that might be considered bad to other families (crap, "you suck," etc.) One day after hearing me say "Holy Crap" a couple times, it got Secundus thinking about what that means.

The kids have heard me go on rants before about how stupid people who swear sound.  For example, how can something be "as hot as hell" and "as cold as hell?"  People also use "hell" as a benchmark to describe things that are both wonderful and terrible.  These people don't know how similes work!

Also, I don't get how people can take a curse word, like the unsavory cousin of the word "freak," and use it as a noun, adjective, verb, and adverb! And sometimes all in one sentence!  And use it to talk about how wonderful and terrible something is!  It just doesn't make sense.  Words have meaning!

So the kids have heard and laughed at these rants before and apparently I sound like a hypocrite when I declare things like, "Holy Crap!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment