Friday, October 19, 2018

We Finally Got Our New Family Support Group Manual!



We've been waiting so long for this to be in print!  When I helped get the Spouse and Family Support Group started about 6 years ago, it was the first of it's kind in our whole region.  It was also considered a "pilot" program because it was such a new program church-wide.  We went through two or three versions of a manual (that was emailed to us and we had to print copies to share with our attendees.)  Then that manual was scrapped entirely and we were told to just use the same 12-step manual that the regular Addiction Recovery Program (ARP) uses while the church's curriculum department worked on something completely different.


Some time after that, the new manual was created and released on the website.  It was great to finally have a fully approved, official manual.  Unfortunately, it still wasn't available for purchase so we had to print out copies for everyone or read it on our devices.  Kind of a pain.

But now it's here!  And it's beautiful!


I really like the "notes" sections in the margins.


And at the end of each chapter there's the "Gospel Study" and "Personal Learning and Application" sections followed by one or two pages with blank lines for recording thoughts and impressions.


I was ridiculously excited when I found out this was finally available!  I love ARP and the Family Support Group!  I'm so thankful for the positive changes that have come about in my life because these groups have taught me how to apply the Atonement of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment