Monday, October 15, 2018

Secundus' First All-Night Binge Read

I estimate that she stayed up until around 4 AM.  On a school night!  I had no idea that she had stayed up that late.  I woke up late, she got up after me, and started apologizing before I even realized that she hadn't been up for a while. I'm not even mad; I think it's pretty funny and she'll learn through natural consequences that it's not a great idea to do again.


The book she was binging is number one in The Land of Stories series.  I had picked up the audio book about a month ago and we were listening to it together in the van. Unfortunately, we didn't start it until we had about a week left on our check-out, and it's a popular book so we weren't allowed to renew it.  After returning it, I reserved both the book and the audio book.  The paperback arrived first and before I even got a chance to put a bookmark in the place that we left off, Secundus snatched it up and put it in her bed.

She, and all my kids, love to read and read constantly.  Picture books, graphic novels, and chapter books.  But this is definitely the thickest chapter book Secundus has ever attempted!  She usually goes for all-fluff-and-no-substance series like "Dork Diaries" or something way below her reading level like "The Rescue Princesses."  So while she regrets reading for at least 7 hours straight, she's excited to read the others in the series.  I can't even describe how happy I am that she finally found a series that she loves and will challenge her!

No comments:

Post a Comment