Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Calendar

I wanted to do an advent calendar with the kids this year so I searched Pinterest and found some great ideas to get my creative juices flowing.  And then I came up with this:


I painted a big Christmas tree on poster board and glued on 24 little pieces of the scratchy side of velcro.  Then I cut out 23 little ornaments from felt.  (As you can see, the 24th ornament is a star.)  Actually, every ornament consists of an ornament shape with a circle shape glued on top to create a pocket.  And then that puff fabric paint was perfect for writing on the numbers.   

Each ornament's pocket contains a scripture about the birth of Christ and then a coordinating song.  So every night we take the correct ornament out of the bag, read the scripture, sing the song, and then put the ornament on the tree.

I am really pleased with the way it turned out and the girls are loving taking turns putting the ornaments on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment