Friday, December 23, 2011

Mind=Blown

Did you know that the United States dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki almost 3 and half years after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?  Three-and-a-half years!  That's a long time! 

Am I the only who has never understood that until now?  I guess in my head, the two events are so strongly connected that they must have happened in quick succession.  I guess if I had to think about it, I would have admitted that it would have taken us a few months to organize our attack.  But 3 1/2 years?  Is this evidence of my crappy public school history education?  Or just me not paying attention in said boring classes?

I can't remember how exactly this came up, but when Hubby told me this I could do nothing more than just stare at him slack-jawed.  I finally replied, "Really??  You just blew my mind!"  I love having a history-fanatic husband!  I learn so much from him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment