Friday, December 2, 2011

Preschool Discontent

Today Secundus had a field trip to a gymnastics place.  While the kids did their thing, the moms sat on the bleachers and talked.  There was a group of 4 or 5 of us that especially had a really great discussion.  I learned that I am not the only one who is incredibly dissatisfied with the preschool class. 
I won't go into all the reasons here, but suffice it to say that everyone thinks that sending their kids to this class is a waste of time.  I am pulling Secundus out at Christmas break time.  And it sounds like several others may do the same.  Several moms have gotten on the wait list to transfer to the morning class with a different teacher. 
Anyway, it was very eye-opening for me to hear that my criticisms of the class weren't unfounded.  I even found out about a couple reasons why the class is so bad that I wasn't even aware of previously.  Very interesting.  I wish I could find out how many kids are left in the class in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment